Graffiti reduces people’s enjoyment of places and creates a sense of neglect and a perceived lack of safety.
Please report Graffiti promptly so steps can be taken to remove it swiftly.
Contacts for Graffiti Removal:
The swift removal of graffiti is encouraged.
For removal of Graffiti on Council property please call (03) 6211 8200 or fill out a Service Request.
Contact numbers for reporting graffiti on non Council property:
- Department of Infrastructure, Energy and Resources (DIER) 1300 135 513
- Australia Post 13 1318
- Metro Tasmania 13 2201
- Telstra 180 22 44
- Aurora Energy - 1300 132 007 for offensive graffiti only OR 1800 WIPEOF (1800 947 363) for other graffiti on Aurora infrastructure
- Council is responsible for the removal of graffiti on infrastructure managed or owned by Council.
- Kingborough Council/Rotary supports a policy of swift removal of graffiti and believe the most effective way to prevent further graffiti is to remove it quickly.
- Arrangements can be made to remove graffiti on private properties that interface with Council serviced areas such as a Council reserve, footpath or roadway. Cooperation of the building owner is required.
- Successful graffiti removal is not always possible as it depends on the type of material/s where the graffiti occurs.