If your dog is lost, please report via our online form (details below) or call us on (03) 6211 8200 (during business hours).
If a dog is wearing its registraton tag, it can be easily returned to the owner. If the owner is unable to be contacted, the dog will be taken to the pound.
Reporting a lost dog by phone - please provide us with:
- your name, address and the dogs registration tag number
- your dogs microchip number (if known)
- a description of your dog - distinguishing marks, colour or features
- the colour of its collar
- your dogs name and age
What should I do to find my dog?
- search your property
- check around your neighbourhood and speak to your neighbours
- call Kingborough Council on (03) 6211 8200 (during business hours)
- call your local vets
- contact Dogs' Home of Tasmania - (03) 6243 5177
- advertise with flyers and signs
NOTE: Please remember to notify the above persons when you have found your dog.
Prevent your dog becoming lost by making sure:
- they have a secure backyard to play in
- gates close and lock automatically behind you
- your dogs are microchipped and registered
- you spend lots of time playing and exercising your dog
- your pet has a safe place to hide away from loud noises
- you choose a dog that is suitable for your situation