The Planning department is essentially responsible for functions associated with planning applications and development controls.
Ensure that all applications are processed in an efficient and timely manner having regard to the statutory determination period.
- Ensure that use or development is in conformity with the Kingborough Planning Scheme, Planning Legislation, State Policies, the "State of the Environment Report" and all other relevant legislation.
- Undertake statutory enforcement and prosecute breaches of planning permits and the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993.
- Provide a quality service that matches the community and Council expectations with the requirements of the development industry.
- Provide a comprehensive range of advice on all existing and proposed development in the Municipality.
- Provide an informal mediation service in cases where disputes arise over planning matters.
- Monitor and review the Kingborough Planning Scheme to ensure consistency with legislative requirements and community expectations.
Blackmans Bay Bluff Planning Survey
A planning survey is being conducted for the bluff above the northern end of Blackmans Bay beach – encompassing Blowhole, Talone and Powell Roads.
This is an area that was identified in the recent review of the Council’s planning scheme as having particular values that could be protected from inappropriate development, and which has other constraints due to narrow road reserves and inadequate footpaths.
Input is being sought from local residents on what type of development is appropriate and what people value about the local character of this area. The survey, which contains further information, can be accessed on line at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BBplanning, or you can download a hardcopy - Blackmans Bay Bluff Planning Survey (PDF), or request a copy from the Civic Centre in Kingston.
All comments need to be provided by 8 March 2017.