Justices of the Peace & Commissioners for Declarations

Most declarations or documents required to be made before a Justice of the Peace (JP) can also be made or signed before a Commissioner for Declarations.

You will need access to a JP to administer, take or receive an oath, affidavit or affirmation or receive a complaint or issue a summons or a warrant.  Commissioners for declarations are not authorised to perform these functions.

While commissioners for declarations are generally available at the Civic Centre to process your request, JP numbers and availability are limited.  Where a JP is unavailable, we will endeavour to provide you with the location or contact details of the nearest available JP to assist with your request.

Enquiries about other Justices can be made through the Justice Department on 1300 366 611.

© 2011 Kingborough Council
Home Contact Us
Decrease font size  Increase font size