Building and Plumbing
The Building and Plumbing departments are essentially responsible for fulfilling functions associated with the regulation and control of development.
- Survey building applications for compliance with the Building Code of Australia and state legislation.
- Issue Building permits promptly and efficiently, within statutory time frames.
- Inspect building works at various stages of construction for compliance with endorsed plans and documents.
- Provide quality technical and professional advice to Council's clients on requirements under current building legislation, including the obligations of persons undertaking building work. Assist applicants where possible to obtain their permit to do building work.
- Instigate legal proceedings for breaches of the building regulations.
- Provide a professional and cost effective building surveying service at least equivalent to that offered by private consultants.
- Act as a permit authority for privately certified applications
- Ensure compliance of proposed plumbing installations with the relevant By-Laws, Local Government Act and Australian Standards.
- Ensure compliance of constructed plumbing installations.